My Journey to Greenville

So as some of you may know I live in a very VERY rural area of NC. My town of Seven Springs has about 89 people as of 2000. It is the oldest town in Wayne County and was established by my great, great, great, great, great, great, great, grandfather William Whitfield II. And yes, that is SEVEN greats!

My Family Tree - Owned by ME

Photo Credit - Renee Olson





Needless to say there are no Wicca Stores, Pagan Gatherings or LGBT rallies in my town. This weekend hubby and I journeyed out to Greenville. A larger town just about an hour from us. Greenville has a nice assortment of business options as well as some nice rural areas for country-like living.

I found something else there as well. Three wonderful shops. One is called The Soujourner.

Sojourner, Greenville NC - Photo Credit - Renee Olson
With a doorway like this one, how I could I not go in. They offer everything from Cauldrons to Harry Potter costumes. I found herbs, teas and wonderful bumper stickers such as the classic one "Get a Taste of Religion, Lick a Witch".
Cauldron from Sojourner - Photo Credit - Renee Olson




Just across the street from Sojourner is a lovely tea shop called "Tipsy Teapot". They have books, brunch and TEA! I had a lovely iced passion fruit tea and sat out on the sidewalk under a brightly colored rainbow umbrella. It was amazing. The inside of the store had wonderful big fluffy chairs and books everywhere. The back area has a bar where you can order Fair Trade coffees and iced/hot teas. I was in heaven!


Tipsy Teapot, Greenville NC - Photo Credit - Renee Olson



Our next stop was The Crystal Connection. Not really a pagan store, more like rocks and crystals but still an amazing place to visit. The smell of Nag Champa lofts from the building into the parking lot.

Crystal Connection - Greenville NC - Photo Credit - Renee Olson

They have some of the most beautiful moonstone jewelry I've ever seen there. It was a wonderful experience.

Crystal Connection, Greenville NC - Photo Credit -Renee Olson




The ride home was nearly as perfect, unfortunately hubby got stung by a bee as we were riding the motorcycle back home. His arm is a bit swollen.

Over all a wonderful end, to a wonderful weekend. All three places get 5 stars!

I got up this morning and started my Wii Fit workout again. I've been soooo slacking lately, not getting up and moving around. This morning I did Super Step twice and Super Hula - 10 minutes. Plus a bit of yoga to end the morning. I was even able to do Dancer Pose. Which is awesome! I'm going to try to do this at least 4 times a week now. I've got to get back on track. It's sooooo easy to fall behind. And for those not familiar with Super Hula.... I challenge you to pick up Wii Fit Plus and have a go at it. It will tighten up those love handles in a hot minute!


Here's looking forward to a week filled with positive energy, great news and a sense of balance in my life.



Namaste & Blessed Be



Sosanna

No comments