Get Off Your Broom - Week 1

So intermingled in the DC-40 garbage and working and dealing with life in general I saw a little post on "The Domestic Pagan" called "Get off Your Broom: A Witchy Fitness Challenge."

I decided to participate. I wanted to start out on Day 1 and document each day but with the "What Makes Your State Great" event going on right now there's no way I can handle 2 blog posts a day as well as keeping up on work and all the other things I have going on so I decided that I'll post here weekly instead of daily on my weight goals and happenings.

So here we go.

Week 1

Weight 161 lbs
Chest 37 in
Waist 36 in
Hips 41 in
Thighs 23 in
Arms 12.5 in

My Diet Plan
Pretty much keeping to my regular meals, I'm a vegetarian so I'll be sticking to that but trying to add more water and more fruit to my diet. I'll be trying to have at least 64 ozs of water and at least 3 pieces of whole fruit a day.

My Exercise Plan
I've been trying to do Jillian Micheal's 30 Day Shred and it's kicking my arse. I just cannot do that every single day. I think I'm going to try to do the Jillian Michael's thing every other day or maybe ever 2nd day and just do some other activity on my Wii Fit the rest of the time. I've noticed that when I do the work out I seem to have dizzy spells. I'm not sure if it's related but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I'm not really trying to lose too much weight even though my BMI says that I'm obese I'm more concentrating on getting my body more tone. After being over 300 lbs, I can honestly say that the skin just didn't "snap" back as one might expect. So that's my goal for this thing... just get my body a bit more tone.

Want to participate? Click the HERE and join up!



Namaste & Blessed Be
Sosanna
)O(

2 comments

Misty said...

I think you already look amazing! I had no idea you ever weighed that much until I saw pictures so your skin looks fine to me. That is one of my biggest fears with losing weight though. I am hoping once I reach my goal weight I don't have too much trouble with it. Maybe meditating on skin tightening will help :) I hope so!! Hugs!

Sosanna said...

Awww Misty! Thank you! Sometimes I do forget the long road I came from and have to be reminded. I do appreciate your kind words. Hrmmm Skin tightening meditation... I think I'll do that too!
LOL

Hugz!