Hail Arizona!

Today I'm sending protective energies out to the great state of Arizona. Following the DC40 51 Days of Prayer, I'm lending support to their next stop on the trail. I've visited Arizona on a business trip and I have to say of all the states I've visited it has to be one of the most beautiful. I stayed at the JW Marriot Inn in Phoenix.


After a long day at a conference I spent the evening in my room looking over the wonderful view with a nice bottle of wine and a cheese tray from room service. The warmth and connection I felt with the energies of this state were amazing. Of the two states I would want to retire in Arizona is one.


I headed over to 50.states.com and picked up some great facts about Arizona.

The Arizona trout is found only in the Arizona. The bola tie is the official state neck-wear. My totem stone is Turquoise and is the official state gemstone. The blue-green stone has a somewhat waxy surface and can be found throughout the state. The battleship USS Arizona was named in honor of the state. It was commissioned in 1913 and launched in 1915 from the Brooklyn Navy Yard. The Arizona tree frog is the state official amphibian. The frog is actually between three-quarter to two inches long. Arizona, among all the states, has the largest percentage of its land set aside and designated as Indian lands. Arizona is home to 21 federally recognized tribes. The indigenous people of Arizona are pagan peoples and twenty are governed by the Inter Tribal Council of Arizona.

Like many other native people those in Arizona also had their belief systems defiled and attacked by the influx of Christianity. Many of the symbols of their deities were considered profane and "Christianized" by the new settlers to the area. An example of this is the God of Mischief and Fertility Kokopelli.

We see representations of Kokopelli as this image below.

However, this is not how Kokopelli was designed by the native people. Being a fertility God, Kokopelli originally was depicted as a flute player with a large phallus.


For the Hopi, Kokopelli was known to carry unborn children on his back and distributed them to women in the tribe. He took part in marriage rituals and had a female consort called Kokopelmana. Legend says that Kokopelli can be seen on the full and waning moon.

To learn more about Kokopelli check out this page.

Hail Arizona!
Kokopelli play for me,
So my heart may sing,
Magic flute of mystery,
Fruitful dreams you bring.
Song of Aztlan,
Fertile Fire,
Canyons of my mind,
Sacred union,
Heart to heart,
Speaks of the Divine.

Want to join in the fun? Head over to our group on Facebook called "What Makes Your State Great". We'd love to have you tell us what you love about your state and send out some positive energy to combat this self proclaimed siege of our nation. Don't let the DC40 Prayer Initiative take away your rights!

Namaste & Blessed Be!
Sosanna
)O(

No comments