Paint it Black

Over the last week I've been up to my eyeballs in dealing with family issues.  Today was no exception.  Today I got to see how the other 1/2 lives.  I have a wonderful partner in my life that helps me take on the world. We are together through thick and thin, no matter what he's got my back and I have his.  We are a team, together, an unshakable force that no one can divide.  Today I saw a girl much younger than I, well over 20 years my junior sit and be bullied by a "so called" man.

Her choice or his, she's away from her family alone to raise her children.  No high school diploma, no hopes of a career outside public assistance.  Children with no hopes of college or a future.  I watched sadness.  I used to live that life.  I was there years and years ago.  Sadly she cannot learn from my experiences or benefit from my journeys.  Part of me has pity, another part sadness and a final part angry that she's not fighting for her children or her self.

I've offered, I've given however I cannot give any more.  That journey is over for me now.  I wish her the best.

At some point in your life you have to stand up for what you believe in.  You have to say, NO!  This is not ok any more.  This behavior is not acceptable.  You cannot do this.  I've said those words before and will probably say them again.  To friends, lovers and family.  I've said them in protests and marches.  I've shouted them from parade floats and protest lines.  Today I shout them from my blog.  See, this week I've been so busy with family problems and my mother's health that I completely allowed this SOPA protest to run up on me.  You can learn more about it here.

There are tons of sources out there on how bad this can get so I'm not going to waste your time with more links.  I'm only going to say I support the protest and I'm going to go black for the 12 hours, provided I can get the code right (LOL)


As a final message...


Hekate, Goddess of crossroads, gates and passages - send your knowledge to us.
Hekate, Goddess of the night's sky, the sea and wilderness - guide us with your light.
Hekate, Goddess of Maritime and Magic - grace us with your blessings.

No comments