Q is for Quarters


Q is for Quarters

In some traditions, spell casting is commonplace.  For these casters one typical way to get the magic rolling so to speak is to “Call the Quarters”.  Calling the quarters can be done in several different ways.
When I’m casting my circle I start by lighting some sage and cleansing the area.   I get in calm state and do the following:

Light the candle facing east and say the following:
Hail Guardians of the Watchtower of the East – Powers of Air and Wind
I welcome thee.
I then turn and light each candle in its direction and repeat as follows:
Hail Guardians of the Watchtowers of the South – Powers of Fire
I welcome thee
Hail Guardians of the Watchtowers of the West – Powers of Water
I welcome thee
 Hail Guardians of the Watchtowers of the North – Powers of Earth
I welcome thee
Welcome Watchtowers, watch over and bless my circle

That’s it…  Calling the Quarters is just that simple.  There are many other ways to do this. You can list other correspondences such as more elements or include animals as well.  For example dolphins may be related water and would be added to the line for the West. 
I found a nice video on youtube that gives a great explanation - 



Begin simply and work with the energy from the directions. 

Namaste & Blessed Be
Sosanna
)O(


1 comment

Unknown said...

Hi, I've nominated you for the Sunshine Award!
^_^
http://aneclecticwitchintraining.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-sunshine-award.html