Meatless Monday – Baked Potato Fries




So last week we picked up an extra bag of potatoes.  We were going to make some baked potato soup; however when I came home I found that I already had a bag in the pantry!  That means I had TWO ten pound bags of potatoes to use.  I tossed a bag and a ½ in the oven and baked them.  I then learned that you really only need about 5 to make baked potato soup, so here I was with like 20 – 25 left over baked potatoes.

What to do, what to do?

I created a recipe for baked potato fries and for Meatless Monday this week I’m going to provide you with a cute little recipe that you can use when you have left over potatoes OR just any time you want to.

Start with your dredging mixture.  You’ll want to use some milk and seasoned flour.  You can season the flour however you’d like.  For my recipe I used about 3 tablespoons of paprika, some onion salt and garlic salt.  Dredge them up and deep fry them.  Here’s what you need

Ingredients
  • 4-5 large potatoes Baked
  • ½ pot of cooking oil
  • ½ cup of Milk
  • 2 cups of flour
  • Seasonings – Use whatever seasonings you’d like – Paprika, onion salt, garlic powder, chili powder
  • Dipping Sauce – I use organic ketchup or I make my own honey mustard by adding Mayo, Honey and Mustard and a bit of salt.


Process
Take the foil wrap off your potatoes



Photo Credit - Renee Olson


Slice them pretty thick, length wise
Photo Credit - Renee Olson


Dredge them by starting with the milk and then into the flour (for extra crispy you can dredge twice)


Photo Credit - Renee Olson

Carefully drop the potato wedges into the hot oil

Fry until golden brown


Put together your dipping sauce
Photo Credit - Renee Olson
And serve!
Photo Credit - Renee Olson


Now, as I've mentioned before I’m not a vegan or a strict vegetarian so some of my ingredients do contain animal products.  For Vegans you will need to leave out the honey mustard sauce completely.

Enjoy!

Namaste & Blessed Be
Sosanna
)O(

No comments