Pagan Blog Project 2013 - A is for Anpsi


A is for Anpsi:

A term for psychic phenomena involving the interactions of animals with humans.

In doing my research for the first letter of the Pagan BlogProject 2013, I wanted something different but yet something I could relate to.  I have animals all around me.  I feel their energy and even talk to them.  Not like Mr. Ed, but more like a very subtle voice that creeps into my head when they are around.  Note, this is not something you can share with your psychologist.  (giggle)

In my research on the web there’s not a great deal of information about Anpsi or Animal Psi.  We've heard about the dog that traveled across the country to find his lost family.  Or the cat that ends up back at home after being lost for years.  These are the types of things that most attribute to Anspi.  There are even companies out there that will claim to use Anpsi to assist in helping with behavior therapy for pets. A quick Google Search for – Psychic who talks to animals – will give you a nice long list to review. 

I believe that we can indeed “communicate” with animals.  The main thing to remember is that the animals would be the one’s talking.  We should actually be “listening” to the animals.  I have two very real communicating animals in my house.

First we have Sheba.

Photo Credit - Elijah Olson


Sheba belonged to hubby before we got married.  She communicates with the dead.  She would sit for hours in a section of hubby’s grandmother’s house and chat away.  She’d meow at the chair or stand in front of the stove and just talk talk talk.  We believed that hubby’s grandmother’s spirit was still in the house.
After we packed her up and moved her across the county, she’s taken up residence on my ancestor altar.  She sits there for hours.  We also have a very active corner of the house where again, she sits and meows for hours. 
Photo Credit - Renee Olson



Next we have Melon.

Photo Credit - Renee Olson

Melon is my kids cat.  Melon came to use as part of a litter we rescued from the shelter.  We drove up there and the Lola picked out the one bright orange kitty in the litter. 


Photo Credit - Renee Olson

The lady told her, we will be putting the rest of the litter down.  She began to cry, so hubby took all of them.  We raised them and found the rest homes, but Melon stayed here.  Melon chats with me from time to time.  He can even physically say “mama”. 

When I lose things in the house; Melon knows where they are.  Several times, I’ll ask out loud, “Melon, where are the keys?” and a little voice will come in my head and tell me where they are.  He is terrified of loud noises and storms.  

Photo Credit - Renee Olson


He loves pets and drools.  He doesn't talk to the dead, but yet helps the absent minded living find the things they've misplaced.

I think this was a great find.  I knew that I could “talk” to the animals but just didn't know what it was called. Hope you've found this informative and entertaining.

Namaste & Blessed Be
Sosanna
)O(

6 comments

Vickie said...

Very COOL!! Love this post...

Anonymous said...

I do love the kitties. I agree with you that some are more attuned to spirits than others as well. I just lost one of mine on New Year's Eve so this was great to read of cats with good loving homes. Best in the new year to you!

Stephanie said...

Love it. :)

Unknown said...

I loved this post! I thought about joining up for PBP but never quite figured it out, I'm still thrilled whenever someone I follow posts one, though.

Lily said...

Interesting topic and your kitties are beautiful! I love that you were able to save Melon's siblings. ^_^

Stephanie said...

Great post. :) Love it.