Pagan Blog Project 2013 - J is for Judging



Judging – To form an opinion or conclusion about.
This week a friend of mine shared a photo with me that really irked me.




So I decided to head over to the Facebook page of the church to voice my annoyance at their little photo.  I left them a message and it was soon joined by other Pagans who put their thoughts there as well.

Photo Credit - Heather Ray
I am completely blown away by how easy it is for a group who’s on book they walk around with and thump constantly specifically states “Judge not lest ye be judged” and yet they stand and point the finger at so many others.

I've said for years that I don’t need saving.  I don’t need to be prayed for, I’m really good.  I look around at our Pagan community.  I’m not really sure why I would want to tell a mother not to let her kids grow up to be like them.

We are creative, open minded and positive.  We have writers, artists and warriors.  I really don’t understand why Pagans are so hated/feared.  Why can’t they just live and let live?  Why must they do things like this?  It leads directly back to my post last week on intolerance.  Pagan author Kryja Withers home is being shot at and even bombed because she does something really awful, like write children’s books.   I’m so beyond livid right now it’s unbelievable.  I cannot even think clearly.
I believe that maybe if people really understood what Pagan means and what we represent they would be less likely to be so critical of us.  Because Paganism encompasses so many beliefs it is really hard to give a single definition.  While working on a blog project a little over a year or so ago, I included Native American Spirituality under my umbrella of paganism and was actually accused of running them down.  Even though the term is generally used to refer to all non-Abrahamic religions, which would include any spirituality not related to the Jewish/Christian Abraham.

I believe we should open a dialog with the people that would call us less than because we are non-Christian.  We should let them see who we are.  I know that we’re all very different.  We follow different Gods and Goddesses.  We have different rites and rituals.  Some of our groups are segregated based on gender, others welcome all to follow in their path.  I believe that as a group we can show others through the love and compassion I see daily from pagans from all walks of life, that we are a truly great people and we are something that any mother may want their kid to grow up to become.

Namaste & Blessed Be
Sosanna
)O(

No comments