Pagan Blog Project 2013 - M is for Manners

Manners: Noun – Polite social behavior

I’m sitting here looking at Facebook and reading stories about Gov. Rick Perry.  I don’t really care for Rick Perry.  He reminds me of a used car salesman, not to offend used car salesmen.  When I look at him I see a dark aura around him.  Not evil mind you.  Just dark.  He’s up to something.  He, like many others today lack manners.  Recently Wendy Davis completed an 11 hour filibuster to stop a sweeping abortion bill from being voted on.  Mr. Perry held a news conference making disparaging remarks regarding her family. 

Really?

Where are the manners? 

The SCOTUS recently ruled that DOMA was unconstitutional.  Pat Robertson was quoted as making ugly remarks about the Justices including questioning their own sexual activities. 

Really?

What is going on with people today?  I began to look at the people who have the least amount of respect for other’s rights.  The least amount of, well, manners and time and time again they end up being Christian.  What the actual hell??  



I've said it before and I’ll say it again.  I don’t care what you believe.  You can be whatever you want.  You can worship Twinkies on Thursday if you like, just don’t try to make anyone else do it.
Hubby and I were chatting about this today and basically he told me that people like Rick Perry, Pat Robertson, Dan Cathy have all these followers because Christians believe it’s the end times and they want their guy in charge.  

I have a message that I’d like to give to any Christian’s reading this blog.  (Hahahhahah that’s funny)  Anyway, listen, come over here a second… lean in really close…

If it’s the end times, it doesn't matter who is in charge.  And shouldn't you be happy?  You’ll be in heaven soon?  If you’re right, you can say… HA Told you so.  Go over to your church, huddle together and wait for the rapture.  Stop messing with everyone else!!  Don’t call people names, attack their families or try to take their rights away. Have some freaking manners about it!

OH and one more thing.


It’s OK to not like things, just DON’T BE A DICK ABOUT IT.



Namaste & Blessed Be
Sosanna
)O(

No comments