Throwing Thursday - Smudge & Pigs

I have one more vending event of the season, but figured I would go ahead and get a head start on some new requests.  I have an outstanding request for memorial jars to contain the ashes of loved ones passed on.  I've been working on those and they have to make themselves known to me as they come.  This week the clay decided it wanted to be salt pigs, smudge plates and an incense burner.

My incense burners are much wider at the base than those you get in the store.  To me, what is the good of a skinny little dish.  The ashes end up all over your counter or across the floor.

Photo Credit - Renee Olson

Photo Credit - Renee Olson

Photo Credit - Renee Olson
A smudge plate, is a plate that is slanted on one side to help hold the plate in one hand so that the other hand can be used to waft the sage smoke around the person or area being smudged.

Photo Credit - Renee Olson

Photo Credit - Renee Olson
A salt pig is a jar that sits on the counter with an opening in the front of the dish.  The hand or a spoon is used to reach in and scoop the salt out of the pig.  I haven't completed one all the way yet so you'll have to use your imagination until we reach the end of this project.

Here's what I turned this past Saturday.


Photo Credit - Renee Olson

Photo Credit - Renee Olson

Photo Credit - Renee Olson

Photo Credit - Renee Olson

Photo Credit - Renee Olson





No comments