Mulengro - Denial

I've been participating in a book club reading the book Witchcraft Theory and Practice by Ly de Angeles.  Thus far there has been a great deal of introspection.  Understanding my own motives and my own responsibility for what I bring into the world.

I thought it might be interesting to do a few blog posts around the seven faces of mulengro and see how they play out not only in the magical world but also the mundane.    I'm starting in no particular order.


Mulengro is the name of an entity that is like an alien barb; one that has become an out-of-control arrow that pierces generation upon generation with its poison. It feeds on its own likeness and people are its hosts.  - Ly de Angeles - Witchcraft Theory and Practice pg 29


Image Source - Google Search Results

synonyms: contradiction, refutation, rebuttal, repudiation, disclaimer; negation, dissent
antonyms allowance, approval, grant, OK

Wrapping my head around this one has been a challenge.  To me, to refute something or to offer a dissent is an opinion.  So what does Ly mean here?  What does it mean from the perspective of mulengro?

As I'm reading this I can see where the other forms pop their heads in as well.  The denial of a lie for example or the denial of greed could fall here.  How does denial come into play in your life?  What do you do to stop it?  Remember the only way to move forward and defeat the powers of mulengro is to not participate in it. What do you do to stop it?

No comments