Bewitching a Witch - Casting Spells on Others

There are times in our lives when we all need a little boost of energy.  I know I do from time to time. Around the winter holidays I tend to get a little down and sometimes will post a request for others that may participate in that type of work to send a little boost my way.

The problem lies in when a witch takes it upon themselves to spell on another witch without permission.  It is never OK, in my opinion, to do magic on someone without their knowledge. That being said, I also have issues with any type of love spell or harm spell. I have enough to worry about in my life without being burdened with the return of energy from negative spell casting. My spells consist of prosperity, healing and mirroring.  I rarely do any type of binding spells either. Binding someone takes a great deal of energy.  This is something that should only be done if there is no other way to resolve a situation.

Now many look at my page and may think, your goddess is Hecate, Queen of the Witches, Mistress of Magic, Keyholder to the Crossroads, Guardian of the Underworld.  She is invoked when curses are made, how can you not do negative magic?  I didn't say I didn't do negative magic.  There may be a time when that type of magic may be called for, however for the most part I do not take part in that type of magic.

Casting spells on people without their permission is, in my opinion one of those things that get you kicked out of the "good witch's club".  Magic is a give and take of energy. Each energy sent out is returned back. When working spells, we need to be sure that we know exactly what we're working with. If I work a spell to reverse energies for a fellow witch, and they are working a spell to create a positive effect there is the chance that I could undo their magic.  Not to mention, it's just rude.

Recently a dear friend and fellow devotee of mine visited a temple and after asking permissions, said a prayer for me and had a statue blessed for me.  Just this week a package arrived in the mail.  My friend had sent me a statue of Kwan Yin, a deity related to compassion and mercy.  I was so moved by her gift.  When considering magical work for others be sure that your book and your words are in the right place.  Asking permission to do magic on a fellow witch is the right thing to do.


No comments