Hail Iowa!

Good afternoon everyone, sorry for the late start today. I had to get my work out done and then head over to make breakfast for my Grandmother. She's 96 years old, and we get together as a family every other Sunday to make the traditional breakfast for her. Not a whole lot that I eat any more, but I always try to bring her some fresh fruit to have. We always have a great time.

Today keeping up with the DC40 Prayer initiative we're heading straight into the next state on their prayer siege. I'm still watching the headlines to see if they're posting anything and so far, the only thing I've seen has been counter protests. Nothing from DC40 themselves. So let's get to it!

As always my facts come from 50states.com and if you'd like to join our discussion please head over to "What Makes Your State Great", our group on Facebook.

Hail Iowa!




Crystal Lake is home to a statue of the world's largest bullhead fish. The state's smallest city park is situated in the middle of the road in Hiteman. West Okoboji is the deepest natural lake in the state. Its depth is 136 feet.




Spirit Lake is the largest glacier-made lake in the state. Rathbun Dam and Reservoir is the largest body of water in the state.



Imes Bridge is the oldest of Madison County's six bridges.


Iowa is the only state whose east and west borders are 100% formed by water. Missouri and Mississippi rivers. Iowa is the only state name that starts with two vowels.


The original inhabitants of Iowa are:

The Dakota Sioux tribe
The Illinois (Illini) tribe
The Ioway tribe
The Missouria tribe
The Otoe tribe

I found this piece by Yellow Hammer called Otoe Song.



Sending light love and protection to the great state of Iowa!

Namaste & Blessed Be!
Sosanna
)O(

No comments