Gratitude Challenge - Day 17

I was invited to a Facebook Event called Gratitude Challenge, you can find it here.  For 20 consecutive days beginning August 1st, we're writing down things we're grateful for.  I thought it would be cool to add them as blog posts.  So for the next 20 days I'll be adding an entry a day.  Feel free to reply here and tell me what you're grateful for or head over to the event page and join the challenge.


Day 17

I am grateful for computers.  I know it sounds weird, but probably 25 years or so ago an x of mine convinced me to buy a computer.  I ended up being on a computer bulletin board system (BBS) called Cupid's Playpen.  He created an account but made it female because females got free access.  He named the account Rooster.  I got online with a dial up modem and soon became a contact for the system.  I use to send message to people as they logged in welcoming them to the system.  My experience with this group actually helped me land a job with Verzion where I provided tech support for DSL.  That job led me to working with Sony Online Entertainment as Lead GM Salonafinn.

I love love love computers!

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson
Photo Credit - Screenshot - EverQuest - Sony Online Entertainment
Being online helped me escape a sometimes painful life and be someone else for a little while.  It allowed me to find my soul mate and give me the opportunity to stay in touch with all my wonderful friends today.


No comments