Get Off Your Broom Fitness Challenge - Last Check In

Get Off Your Broom Fitness Challenge Check In.

Welp. I blew it. I can tell by the way my pants are fitting over the last few weeks I've ended up putting on a few pounds. I can't even sit here and say "Oh I tried" blah blah I didn't try. I fell of the veggie wagon and had Chicken Wings last week. I ate dressing that's made with meat products and I ad a few glasses of wine... ARG!


I "could" sit here and beat myself up for it. I "could" jump right back into Jillian Michael's workout and try to drop the few pounds I've gained. But what for really? Why am I doing this? What do I hope to gain or lose?

As I have said over and over I believe that in order to love others you have to first love yourself. You need to be ok with who you are, inside and out. As long as their are demons there haunting your head you're going to display them in your actions.

I'm actually pretty happy with the amount of weight I've lost. 110lbs is nothing to blow off. I'm pretty happy with my ability to get around now. I can hike, I can walk, heck in the event of a zombie apocalypse I can even RUN!

As my resolution this year I've decided that I'm not going to pledge to go to the gym or drop some weight. I resolve to be nicer to me. I want to love me. I want to give myself the credit for a great job at work. A wonderful blog post. Or a great game of scrabble with the hubby.

It's going to be tough but I'm up for the challenge. I want to thank each of my readers for following this blog and allowing me to share my ups, my downs, my successes and failures with you. Your comments mean a lot to me and I appreciate each and everyone.








Wishing each of you a wonderful new year to come.

Namaste and Blessed Be

Sosanna
)O(

3 comments

btd. said...

Wow, you've lost 110bs? Good job! :) Good luck on your goal of being nicer to yourself. I have the same problem, but you can do it! :)

Sosanna said...

Yep. Just over two years ago I weighed 269lbs. I saw a couple of videos, one Food Matters and the other Food, Inc. They changed my life. About two months before the videos I stopped drinking sweet tea. After those videos I went vegetarian. I lost 110lbs and have kept it off for over a year now. This is a link to one of my most impressive before and after shots. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150434439519688&set=a.4285854687.3982.559294687&type=3&theater

I'm going to shoot for taking a moment each day to stop and say something nice to myself. Maybe as I'm brushing my teeth or as I'm sitting in front of the computer. Might take a sticky note or two but I plan to do it!

Alan S said...

My favorite "nice to me" thing to say to the mirror is... "You are magically delicious"