Buddha's Diet - A Book Reivew

Today I'm reviewing the Buddha's Diet - The ancient art of losing weight without losing your mind.



Photo Credit - Google Images - Book Cover

 This book is a great look at how we interact with food.  At first I thought it might be heavily influenced by Buddhism.  But I was wrong.  While there are some references to meditation and what the Buddha did, the real message here is mindfulness.  I found the book easy to read, extremely easy to read.  Not only did I learn a few things about food and eating but also about the Buddha.  For example I thought that Buddhist were vegetarian. That's not the case at all.

Tucked neatly in the back of the book are a list of end notes.  I was really impressed with the amount of noted references that are in this book.  I have seen text books with less sources cited. I found the book extremely enjoyable to read and informative.  So much so that I have changed my eating habits to the 9 hour window.  Which my hubby and I had already discussed after he saw a five hour window of eating related to Penn Gillette's book, "Presto: How I Made Over 100 Pounds Disappear and Other Magical Tales" and referencing Dr.Bert Herring's work on the subject.

I'll be posting some updates as we move forward with this path.  So far I'm down 24 pounds; Pants size 22 down to 14 and bra size from 42DD to 38C since going vegan.  Feeling pretty good.

Again, I think this is a really great book and highly recommend reading it for anyone interested in checking out the eating window methodology.


No comments