Weaving Wednesday - Weaving Photography

Many times getting a photo of your jewelry is hard.  I have spend a lot of time and money to figure out a way to get a good photo.  Recently a new light box I ordered finally arrived I wanted to share some photos of the differences.


First these are photos in my old light box.  It was big enough for a four foot mannequin to fit in.  It was hard to use for jewelry. (Link to my old light box)


Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson


As you can see the back ground was a bit washed out and the light from the top reflects in the stone.

I decided to just hold the pieces in my hand under my Ottlite instead. (link to my Ottlite)


Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson
I felt this was a good way to show it because with my hand in the photo, it gives and idea of size of the stone.  It was told to me however, that these were unprofessional.

So I ordered this new light box.  Here is a photo from this light box. (Link to my new light box)


Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson

I really like the way the new light box works.  It is a smaller size so I can put the box at eye level and try to take the photo from the front.  So far so good I think.


Here's that same moonstone from above now in the new light box.   To me I am feeling that it is a pretty good image.  Feel free to leave me your comments.


Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson








No comments