HungryRoot - A Review

Today I'm reviewing the home food delivery service Hungryroot.  Hungryroot is a company that delivers vegan meals that can be prepared in 10 minutes or less and are gluten free, organic (when possible) and of course vegan.

After moving to New Mexico, I can say that I fell off the wagon.  I started eating meat again including beef and of course soon after the animal products came back as well.  About a month ago Elijah and committed to get back in shape as we're both turning 50 and want to get our butts in shape!  We checked our meals and figured that not only were we eating tons of fat but we were up to 30 grams of sugar a day. It was completely out of control.
Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson


So far I really like the Kholrabi dishes. They are my favorite. There is a bit of inconsistency in the sauces sometimes. Sometimes they are a bit spicier than others. Sometimes a little more onion than others. I wish we could correct that.  I really enjoyed the tofu they have.  There are two types. Spicy and Lemongrass. Both are excellent with any stir fry. We have started ordering just the tofu and using that in our own super blend mixes from the grocery store. Over this is a great service. Elijah and I have both already lost 10 pounds each.  Not to mention we're learning new ways to create our own dishes in ways we would have never tried.



Here's a video of us actually making one of the dishes.




Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson


We tried both sizes of boxes. The first one was way too much food for us. We ended up throwing out 1/2 of the sauces.  They give you a huge amount of food and you'll easily have left overs.  We moved back to the smaller box and then eventually cut down to just the main parts we wanted and are now picking up the super-blend mix and the riced cauliflower from the store.

So here's my first boxing of our first order from Hungryroot.  If you think you might like to try it out, use my code.  You'll get a discount and so will I.

https://www.hungryroot.com/r/JDUZ0G





Another unboxing of Hungryroot





I'll check in over the next few weeks to review how the weight is going.  Hopefully we'll have dropped another 10lbs at next check in.









No comments