Connecting with the Cards

Connecting with magical tools is a very personal experience. There are many tutorials on how to do just that with all types of magical tools. From tarot cards for reader to hammers for carpenters,  all tools need a connection. Some more than others. Learning the imagery of the deck for example, is one of the first steps of connecting with the cards.

Jessica Devine provided this video below on her take of connecting with the various magical tools in the witch's broom closet.



The only thing I would add to this is follow your own intuition when approaching each tool. Some may not resonate with keeping the deck under the pillow. Some may connect more by adding a daily reading of each card or by putting them on the wall as reminder.  I may use a whiteboard tool to connect. It is a deeply personal experience and should be approached as such.

As Eli and look to begin vending again with our new shop Ethereal Grind, I've been getting my tool kit together to go back to providing my readings and consultations for clients on site. This meant I needed to find a new deck for this new endeavor. That of course can only mean one thing. ROAD TRIP!  We headed out to Raleigh to stop by our favorite shop, Dancing Moon.  Dancing Moon has been open here in NC for 30 years and has a huge selection of magical tools and materials. They have a resource library and are quick to share their knowledge with new comers and sages alike.  I highly recommend stopping by if you have the chance.


Let's get into the cards.

This deck was published by Hay House with Kyle Gray in 2018.  Their website has the following description:

We are surrounded by countless guides who want to share their knowledge with us to bring healing and change. Among them are the Angels and Ancestors.

In whichever culture or religion they appear, Angels have always had one mission: to love, help and guide humans. On the earthly plane, Ancestors are the wise ones, healers and warriors who have offered to share their knowledge and magic with us. In this empowering 55-card oracle deck, Celtic, Native American, Aboriginal and Earth-based spiritualities bridge the gap between this world and the next. The Angels and Ancestors know what you need to know, and by using the accompanying guidebook you'll learn how to unlock their secrets and messages, and live a life touched by divine, magical guidance.


This deck is fabulously illustrated by Lily Moses. Her art is stunning and the main reason I chose these cards. You can see more of her work here.













As I thumbed through the assorted oracle card decks, I tried to connect with them. The look, the feel the energy that was in each. My very first thought was, God these cards are huge. I have small hands and just getting my hands around the deck was a challenge. Many sets were a turn off just because they wouldn't fit. Having the cards "feel" right is to me, one of the most important steps in find a good divination tool. It has to fit or its forced energy and that energy, will never fit.

As I began looking through the decks on the shelves, deciding which to pull out of the box, I bypassed the majority of the angel cards. I tend to stay away from religion and more towards the magical. This deck just spoke to me. I pulled it out and began looking at the stunning artwork. The multicultural nature of this deck is beyond compare.

I walked around the store this deck and one other in my hands just to see who wanted to leave with me. Eli helped a customer learn to use a singing bowl while I admired the buddha statues. I contemplated on the energy I felt coming from the cards. Which were speaking to me? Which was the one who had the message for me? As I walked closer to the front of the shop, Eli looked at me and said, "One is who you are, the other is who you want to be." 

Always, be who you are.  I sat the other deck back on the shelf and knew the ancestors were working through this deck to guide me on my choice.  I look forward to spending some time over the next few weeks with these cards; getting to know them and sharing that experience with you.


Truth In Story did a wonderful walkthrough of this deck. I loved how she talks about each card here and gives her take on then. I also like how she shows taking out elements that don't feel they fit into the deck. Last night as I was walking through this deck, my very first deck I felt, well this energy doesn't fit. I'm going to set this one aside. I was a little concerned as I have had only real experience with the tarot. When I saw her do the same thing, it resonated with me. I'm glad to see I was on track with this. So have a look at these beautiful cards.


Thank you for spending some time with me today. I look forward to getting back in the swing of writing, learning and sharing my magical world with you.

Namaste

Sosanna

No comments