Hail California!

YES! One of my favorite states. I Love love love California. San Diego is awesome. I'll add some facts and share some stuff from 50states.com today, but most of my posts are going to be very personal today.

Want to join the discussion? Head over to our Facebook group "What Makes Your State Great" and see us there.

And we're off to the Golden State!

Hail California!


California holds two of the top ten most populous cities: Los Angeles and San Diego.





Fresno proclaims itself the Raisin Capital of the World. There are more than 300,000 tons of grapes grown in California annually. California produces more than 17 million gallons of wine each year.



Castroville is known as the Artichoke Capital of the World. In 1947 a young woman named Norma Jean was crowned Castroville's first Artichoke Queen. She went on to become actress Marilyn Monroe.


California's Proposition 215 (1996) was the first statewide medical marijuana initiative to pass in the USA - keeping attorneys busy for year.



I met my hubby of nine years for the first time in San Diego California at a book store. We had been chatting online and decided this was a great place to meet. We also agreed that we did not want to have a fast relationship and that we were "just dating" He drove me to Mount Soledad in his Fiero and we had a great time. At the end of the evening he looked at me and said, I think you should date me. I was puzzled and said ok. He said, No, I mean ONLY me. So our slow relationship took on a new life. We have been together ever since.




Six weeks later on October 31st we were joined together in a simple ceremony with just the two of us in Balboa Park's Rose Garden. At midnight, we tied our hands together and pledged to be with each other a year and a day. The following year, we decided it was forever.

There are so many things I love about California, the best thing however is that it's where my life began with Elijah.

California is a wonderful state, with a rich history and culture. The state takes up nearly the entire west coast of the United States. The indigenous people of California are many. There were at least 300 different dialects alone. There are many websites with information on the Native Americans of California. This blog post does not do justice to the loads of historical information that's out there. If you have a moment to visit the few sites I list here, I recommend to continue the study by actually going to the tribal locations and learning the history from the people themselves.

One thing I really enjoy is the Native American Flute. The flute takes you to a different place than the drum. Drumming moves me but the flute settles me. It leads me to a peaceful place. Earlier this week I posted a bit about Douglas Spotted Eagle. This talent is amazing. I wanted to add one of my favorite pieces by him, called "Breathe".




Today, sending love, protection and positive thoughts to California. Thank you for changing my life. Remember to reach out and discover something new everyday. Learn something, love something and breathe.

Namaste & Blessed Be
Sosanna
)O(

1 comment

Elijah Olson said...

May safety always cover your shores sweet Cali!