Hail Oregon!

This morning I want to start out with a little message regarding these posts. I have been told that my posts are offensive to Native American people because of the fact that I usually add my info on the original inhabitants of the state we're honoring at the bottom of the article and that I am calling Native Americans witches.

First, I'd like to state for the record, that I am not calling anyone anything negative. When I use the word "Pagan" I am using it in the context of those who do not practice Judeo Christianity. The word pagan has been used by the Christian religion to separate those "country folk" or "wise women" that did not come into town to church regularly. This was their way of marking these people so that they could brand them in a way to make them unsavory. Next, I consider myself a Witch because I practice Wicca. So even if I did "call someone a witch" it wouldn't be in a negative way.

Now, as far as my article placement of the material. Generally I find that much like a great dinner, a blog piece should start out light, give some hearty filling in the middle and end with a decadent bit that leaves you thinking, wow, I didn't see that coming. When I write, I leave what I feel as the bit I want you to remember at the end. It is not meant in anyway as an insult or as footnote to the article. My purpose is to show that this country was not a Christian nation as some proclaim and that this group came in and wiped out a people that had a rich culture and a very devoted religion. My hope is that sharing this information will have some impact on the reader and hopefully lead us as a people into a better way of thinking.

That being said, I'm ready to move on with the next state that is under attack by the DC40 Prayer Initiative and send out some light and love to the great state of Oregon!

As always I pull most of my facts from 50states.com.



Hail Oregon!

Oregon has more ghost towns than any other state. The gold mining town of Susanville was founded in 1901. On this website amazing pictures can be seen of the remains of the town. The shots are absolutely beautiful.




I found an interesting site that actually lists all the ghost towns in Oregon that are for sale. Apparently you can buy a ghost town and set up shop! With a mere 1.3 million the town of Shaniko, Former Wool Capital of the world can be yours!



Crater Lake is the deepest lake in the United States and is formed in the remains of an ancient volcano. Pilot Butte, a cinder cone volcano, exists within the city limits of Bend. At 8,000 feet deep Hells Canyon is the deepest river gorge in North America. Silver Falls State Park is the Oregon's largest state park. It features 10 waterfalls and contains a wide variety of forested hiking trails.





The original inhabitants of Oregon are:

The Alsea tribe

The Cayuse tribe
The Chetco tribe
The Chinook tribe
The Clatskanie tribe
The Coos tribe
The Galice and Applegate tribes
The Kalapuya tribe
The Klamath and Modoc tribes
The Molala tribe
The Nez Perce tribe
The Paiute tribe
The Shasta tribe
The Siuslaw tribe
The Takelma tribe
The Tillamook tribe
The Tolowa tribe
The Tututni and Coquille tribes
The Umatilla tribe
The Umpqua tribe
The Walla Walla tribe
The Wasco and Wishram tribes

More information for the native tribes of Oregon can be found here.

Today I'm leaving you with this piece by Douglas Spotted Eagle, a gifted Native American Flutist. This piece is called "Sacred Feelings".



Sending light, love and protection to the great state of Oregon.

Namaste & Blessed Be
Sosanna
)O(

No comments