Coming out of the Broom Closet

As many of you are aware there's a scary prospect going around now regarding DC40. Several blog postings have been done to provide more information, background and insight into this new take on an old belief system. Herescope, Nuit's Mews-ings & Secret Life of an American Working Witch to name a few.

I'm a very simple person. I like things explained very simply. Probably one of the main reasons I detest politics. Everyone has to have a five paragraph answer for something that you could easily say Yes or No to.

Here's my take on this whole business.

1. There's a group of people who believe that they want to have the United States governed under Biblical Law.
2. They are targeting areas of the US to host "Prayer Vigils" around to help this to happen.
3. Anyone not with them is against them.


And that's pretty much it. If you're non Christian. You're not in the club. They want to have this land changed from the free exchange of ideas that our forefathers intended to something that resembles a police state. No one can be different. No one is allowed to think for themselves or to differ from those statements in the Christian Bible.


Now. My first thought here was that's just crazy. No one is going to fall for this. As Americans we cherish our right to first and foremost embrace our constitutional right to free speech. No one would possibly give up their freedoms to conform to some organized mess that one super Christian would be in charge of.

Really?

I'm not trying to be dramatic here, but I'm sure if we interviewed German citizens prior to the Holocaust we would find the same sentiment. Would we see how no one would possibly believe that any one would allow a person to come to power that would strip away rights of their own citizens and then not only take their property and livelihood but finally their lives.

These are scary times we're living in. We have wars around us, an economy in the dump and unemployment at an all time high. If Hitler was right about anything it was this. In order to succeed, a group needs a common enemy.

Last night I actually had a dream that someone came to my house with torches, dragged me from my bed and burned me at the stake. Dramatic, and completely unreasonable. But ... just think for a moment. Let's say it's baby steps... let's say, Christianity is not the main religion, now practicing anything else becomes a crime, now we can start taking away rights based on a belief system that has been protected in this country since it's inception.

The mind rejects this belief. The body shudders at the thought that this could happen in our time. The heart breaks that we're seeing our fellow Americans act this way.

I think it's time for this little Witch to come out of the broom closet. I think it's time to take a stand for what you believe in. It's not black magic or negativity, it's self preservation.

If you're able to, get involved. Politics Sucks. I agree, however we need to be represented. We need to have a voice. Start locally, get involved in a local coven, reach out to your local government and see what you can do. Lend a hand in state elections, volunteer to assist with as much as you can. Get informed. They are. Join some of the Facebook Groups that have been created to get the word out on the prayer vigils. These groups are trying to create organized responses to these "prayers" in creating our own cyber circles if you will to combat the negativity that could come if they're successful.




In closing I leave you with this.



First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Pastor Martin Niemöller (1892–1984)



Namaste & Blessed Be

Sosanna
)O(

3 comments

Cheryl:) said...

This scares me, it is very Talibanesque if you ask me.

Alexis Kennedy said...

Wow, I was just thinking of that quote earlier as I was catching up on all of the hooplah on facebook! Well said! very succinct and to the point.

Jes said...

I just found your blog and I think it's wonderful hearing from another voice in eastern NC.
This is the first time I have heard of the DC40 and it's just eerie, something to keep an eye on for sure. While I haven't stepped out of the broom closet myself (still in my year and a day) I admire you doing so.