Pagan Blog Project 2013 - P is for Pride


Pride – feeling of achievement of those who one is associated


Late in summer here in North Carolina we have a little festival in Raleigh called Central NC Pagan Pride.  This weekend is used to celebrate and associate with like minded people. 





Last year my little Pagan Shop, Sosanna’s Closet, had a booth there.  We spent that time meeting lots of wonderful people and learning about each other paths. 

Sosanna of Sosanna's Closet


Wheel of the Year Wreaths - Sosanna's Closet


Mini Goddess Figurines - Sosanna's Closet



This is the one time when I don’t feel the need to tuck my pentacle into my shirt to hide who I am.   Here in Eastern NC there’s not much openness to those that happen to fall outside the spiritual norm.  My hubby and I have not only my pagan shop as a business.  We deal directly with the public so I always tuck my little pentacle into my shirt to be sure that they won’t be put off and decide not to work with us.


Sometimes I worry they’ll judge and we’ll lose a sale or maybe they’ll talk bad about us.  It’s not a make believe fear, earlier this year I submitted an application to join “Pigin the Park”.  It’s a local event with vendors where they celebrate all things BBQ.  I had my feelings hurt when they told me that I just wouldn't fit in with their mostly Christian crowd. 


I guess they don’t really know that there are quite a few pagan people out there in this region.  Maybe if we pulled our pentacles out of our shirts when we’re paying our water bill, or maybe buying groceries that might not be so afraid of us.  I know that I’m going to try to make a conscious effort to be more visible in myself and to show my pagan pride a bit more brightly.
So if you’re around Eastern NC around the mid part of September come out to the Raleigh Fairgrounds and check out what we have for you in our booth.

Namaste & Blessed Be
Sosanna

)O(


No comments