Pagan Blog Project 2013 - Q is for Quartz Crystals

Q is for Quartz Crystals

Quartz crystals are a big part of the day to day life of most Pagans who do crystal spell work.  Most start out with a kit of crystals.  There are power crystals and healing crystals.  Quartz is one of the most versatile crystals to work with. 

Immediately when I think Quartz, I think of a clear white quartz crystal that most use to do moon spells work or place at the end of a wand.  Clear quartz is associated with the crown chakra and is usually colorless.  It’s often called a master healer stone and is said to be used for balance and the removal of negative energy. 

Photo Credit - Renee Olson


In my gemstone bag, along with the clear quartz I have a smoky quartz as well.  I love the deep dusty color of the smoky quartz.  Some say it means creativity in business and opens a path for learning.  That could explain me to a tee. 

Recently I added a Citrine to my collection.  This is a pale yellow brown color stone that is said to never need to be charged.  It is said to offer mental clarity.  It’s available in my shop.

Photo Credit - Renee Olson

We often forget that Amethyst is also a quartz crystal.  This is one of my favorites and my birthstone.   There is an old saying that the knights of old used to create their goblets out of amethyst to avoid getting drunk.  It is said to be a protection stone that absorbs negativity.  I have to interesting things that happened with my amethyst crystals.  One night hubby and are having some wine and I keep drinking and drink but I’m not feeling it.  I look down and I had forgotten I was wearing my amethyst.   Immediately I thought of the amethyst goblets. 

I had a huge amethyst that I kept in my jewelry box, because the cats kept getting them on my altar.  One day I was sitting at my desk working and I heard a large crash. I got up to find the box across the floor and my amethyst blown apart.  To this day I do not know what happened.  I asked around about it and some said that perhaps it had taken in all the negativity it could.


Learning about all the different crystals could take a lifetime.  A couple of good books are – The Crystal Bible and Crystal Prescriptions both by Judy Hall.


Here are a few more photos of my crystals.


Photo Credit - Renee Olson

Photo Credit - Renee Olson
Photo Credit - Renee Olson

Photo Credit - Renee Olson

Here's a Quartz Crystal Wand Pendant I picked up a few years ago.


Photo Credit - Renee Olson

No comments