Throwing Thursday - Urns

So recently I've had some friends ask for urns.  Urns are typically tall pots that have some sort of closure, sometimes a cork or even a clay lid thrown to match the pot.  I've only been working on the wheel for six months now.  I've thrown a few jars but really I'm still just getting the hang of the whole thing.   Now my quest it to try to make a nice urn.  Something that will do justice to the memory of the loved one its being requested for.   Not all my pots make it.  In fact, I lost two as I was working tonight and one turned into a bowl and the other a sort of bud vase.

Here's my latest attempt.

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson

No comments