Throwing Thursday

I'm up to my 15th time at the wheel as of this throw.  I've had my wheel since November and I've tried several different types of clay.  Thus far the most smooth to use and easiest to work with seems to be this low/med fire clay.

I'm still working on getting the shape of the urns right.  I managed to throw one wide mouth one that I'm really happy with and even created a lid.  I don't have calipers yet, so it was just an eyeball fit.  Hopefully it will work out. 

I also tried a method where you close up a jar completely and cut the middle after it is leather hard, creating a lid after the fact.  We'll see how that goes.  So here they are still wet on the bats.

Photo Credits - Renee Sosanna Olson

Photo Credits - Renee Sosanna Olson

Photo Credits - Renee Sosanna Olson

Photo Credits - Renee Sosanna Olson

Photo Credits - Renee Sosanna Olson

Photo Credits - Renee Sosanna Olson


Photo Credits - Renee Sosanna Olson

Photo Credits - Renee Sosanna Olson

Photo Credits - Renee Sosanna Olson




No comments