Filigree Style Pendants - Wrapping Wednesday

This week for Wrapping Wednesday I decided to work on a tutorial from YouTube.  I'll include the video at the end of this post.  Remember when you're working with tutorials, it is best to use them to learn the basics and then incorporate your new knowledge into an original design if you intended to sell the piece.  Some tutorials do not include the freedom to sell the original design of the creator so be sure to check that before putting your pieces up for sale.

Here's my prototype for a Crescent Moon I'll be listing in the shop.  It turned out pretty good.

Photography & Jewelry by Renee Sosanna Olson

Basically I started out following the tutorial for measurements.  My three pieces of wire and gemstones are below.

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson

I created the frame and test fit the center pieces.

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson
Next I wired it all together and added the little gems.

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson


Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson
 Then I decided to try with a different shape frame.  This time I created a crescent moon shape.


Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson
 I took my little shapes and put them inside the moon for a dry fit.  I was going to weave them together and then I thought, maybe I should solder them instead.

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson

Here are the finished pieces.  I applied Liver of Sulfur to the first two pieces with the gems and then tossed all three in the tumbler for polishing.  They turned out quite nice.  I think I'll make this moon in sterling silver and put it up in the shop for sale.  :)


Photography & Jewelry by Renee Sosanna Olson

Photography & Jewelry by Renee Sosanna Olson

Photography & Jewelry by Renee Sosanna Olson











No comments