Witchy Wednesday - Spelling with Witches

There comes a time in every budding witch's life when they have to talk about casting spells on people without their permission.  Be it a negative or a positive, spells often take on the will of the caster.  If I believe that a person is, let's say, guilty of a crime I will pour that believe into my magic.

Photo & Altar by Renee Sosanna Olson


In June of last year witches around the world set out to get some justice in the Brock Turner rape case. Upset about a laughable sentencing for this crimes, 600 witches decided to take a hand at evening the score a bit.  They set about to do a binding spell on him and to create all sorts of ailments from insatiable hunger to impotence.



This certainly isn't the first time that a coven has called out for justice against a foe.  In 1940 Operation Cone of Power was carried out by a group of 17 witches along with Gerald Gardner in Highcliffe to stop Hitler from landing.

"Witches did cast spells, to stop Hitler landing after France fell," he wrote in Witchcraft Today. "They met, raised the great cone of power and directed the thought at Hitler's brain: 'You cannot cross the sea' ... just as their great-grandfathers had done to Boney and their remoter forefathers had done to the Spanish Armada …
"I am not saying that they stopped Hitler," Gardner added. "All I say is that I saw a very interesting ceremony performed with the intention of putting a certain idea into his mind … and though all the invasion barges were ready, the fact was that Hitler never even tried to come."

More recently we have seen the same thing happen when faced when the upheaval of the 2016 US Presidential Election.  Witches came out in droves to take part in a spell to stop the President from harming others. They have even created a Facebook group to continue their work until the President is removed from office.


Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson

A witch casting a spell on a mundane isn't the only way this works either. We have seen "witch wars" as well, where witches begin to cast on each other publicly. We are not above this and indeed it happens all to often.

So what do you do?  What's the best way to handle spell casting?

I can tell you what I do.  Generally, I do not do spell work on others without their consent. If someone asks for energy for example or if a friend is having work troubles and asks for assistance I'm all over it.  If a friend is sick and needs a boost and ASKS for it, I'm there.   Yes, I know all good magic, but what about the H word?

Hexing? Yes, I will hex and yes, a hex by nature is not positive and will not have the permission of the person being hexed. Hexes are personal. When you attack my family, I will hex.  When you attack me, I will hex.  Make no mistake, while I prefer to heal, I can and will protect what is mine.  And I see attacks (not only physical attacks but also magical attacks) as a threat to what is mine.

Should you hex?
That's up to you. I believe that everything we send out into the world comes back to us. This is not to be confused with the Rule of Three or the Wiccan Rede.  I do not follow the path of Wicca. I do believe that sending out negative or repeating negative all the time will bring that negative to you. I also believe that if you muck around with people's lives expect to be mucked back.

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson


To wrap this up, I can say this.  People generally know exactly how I feel about them. I don't pretend to be someone's friend and then secretly do negative spell work against them. That's a pretty shitty thing to do to someone. I also don't attack the family members of those who I am having a beef with. You wronged me, you are the one I attack. Kids, family members, pets, all off limits. And if you sit around and allow witches you know to do that, well honey hang on because when that comes home to roost you are going to be in for one rude awakening.

Be mindful in your spells.  Be honest in your spell work.  Be loyal to yourself and welcome the magic in.




No comments