Witchy Wednesday - Practice Self Care

Good Morning!  Happy Wednesday.  This week I want to talk about a ritual that many of us (not just witches) forget about.  We spend our days creating, working, caring for others and we often neglect our own self care.  We don't see it as an important part of witchcraft, which actually just fascinates me. Our bodies, our minds and our energy are the main components of a spell. Anyone can buy a candle.  Anyone can toss together some herbs, but your clients come to you. They have access to the same herbal shops that you do.  They have access to the same candle suppliers.  But still your inbox is at capacity with requests for your touch.  Your hand.  Your magic.

Created by Renee Sosanna Olson


Why do they come to you? Many times I am told I am abrasive.  I am militant in my support of LGBTQI. I am hated for telling the truth.  I am ridiculed for not toeing the line, yet my readings are always requested and my protection amulets, healing and defensive pieces fly off the shelves. Why is that?  Why am I not laid up with maladies and suffering from shortages of money or supplies?

I can tell you why.

I believe that each of us has a duty to create a space that allows ourselves to flourish. We need to be the force that creates this magic. We can only do this by caring for ourselves as we care for others. Now, that doesn't mean if you don't get two shits about yourself and you treat others the same that you're going to be successful.  That isn't how it works. I believe that when you take care of yourself, which I will define later, you open your body and mind up as a conduit for positive energy. Success finds you.  And to care for yourself means not only taking time to reset, but also to recharge your spirit. Take a walk in the woods, go sit the by the river. Read a book. Any action that takes you to a place of happiness.  That is what we want to replicate in the world.

Created by Renee Sosanna Olson


I believe that I always have the money I need when I need it because I give of it so freely when I have extra. I believe that magic finds me because I give magic to others when I can.  I go the extra step to support friends who are suffering or offer a hand when someone is in need.  The universe sees that and sends those same things back to me when I need it.

When people wag their jaws and gossip about me, it only enhances my success. When they continue to attack me, I flourish. If you find yourself saying things like:

"Why does this always happen to me?"
"Why don't have I have any good luck?"
"Just my luck, failed again!"



Take a moment to do a real inventory of what you're sending out into the world. What energy are you putting out there? How is that energy coming home?  Now I know what you're thinking, The Rule of Three, well, yeah maybe, kinda... OK not really.  Yes, I do believe that what you send out comes home. I do believe that if you meddle with others there is the chance that a big whopping rude awakening could be in store for you.  But I also believe that sometimes, shit happens and how you respond to that shit is determine what else shows its ugly head.

Created by Renee Sosanna Olson

So what do you do?  What is self care and how do you do it?  Well, as I mentioned earlier, you can take a walk.  Go for a run.  Have a bath.  Do any of the things that help you feel more connected to yourself.  You have the power within you to create a recharging station where ever you are. Take that time and get yourself back up to 100% before taking on any additional projects or work.

You'll be better for others and for yourself in the long run.




No comments