The Kybalion - A Study Series for Witchy Wednesday - Principles 2

"The Principles of Truth are Seven; he who knows these, understandingly, possesses the Magic Key before who touch all the Doors of the Temple fly open." ~The Kybalion.

The Hermetic Philosophy is based on seven principals. I'm going to focus on the second this week. The Principle of Correspondence.

"As Above, so below; as below, so above." ~The Kybalion





One way to think about this is to think about our solar system and the structure of an atom.  In several of the videos and books I researched for this post, this was by far the most understandable example.  Our universe has the same structure of an atom. The same forces run each just on a very different scale.

My very first contact with this concept was the tree of life.  The branches above mimic the tree roots below. I was so taken with this that I tattooed myself with this image.  As the tree puts out oxygen, our lungs take in the oxygen whose structure corresponds with that of the tree.









What do you think about the Principal of Correspondence? 

No comments