Pagan Blog Project 2012 – F

For the next two weeks our letter to work with is the letter F.  I thought about all the different magical and pagan words that I could work with.  There’s fairy, fire and familiar.  There are gods and goddesses Freya, Frigga or Faunus and Finn.  Decisions.  Decisions.

I decided that looking at my life; magical and mundane one of the most important things to me is family.  So I decided to write about just that.  Being a member of both the pagan community and the LGBT community I find that our families are most often made of up of what we call our “Family of Choice”.  These are the people we choose to surround ourselves with that give us what our birth family may not have provided.

That love and support that comes from gathering with like-minded people for the purpose of fellowship and fun is something that is crucial to one’s spiritual wellbeing.  I have dear friend that I don’t get to see every day however we share a bond that is closer than blood.  Our families may indeed also include our familiars. My house is filled to the brim with members of the animal kingdom that are very near and dear to my heart.

The world around us is estranged, each person breaking away from the land that nurtures us.  Our lack of communication with the trees and the Earth is slowly breaking down our ability to be one family; a family of Earthlings.  Our families, those of choice or birth are those that guide us when we need guidance, those that support us when we need support and those that love us when we need love.  Our families in spiritual send us healing energies and we in turn grow from that energy.

When I cast my circle and call to the quarters to watch over my rites, my first thoughts sent are protection and positive energy to my family.  My brothers and sisters who follow Hekate, my brothers and sisters in the pagan community and my family in the non-spiritual world.  All of you have a direct influence on my life and help me in one way or another to be who I am today.   No truer words were spoken than “It takes a village to raise a child.”  It also takes a village, a family to raise the world.





Holding my hand while I hold my breath
Family
Lifting me up when I have fallen
Family
Beacon of light when I am in the dark
Family
Loving touch when I am afraid
Family
Bandaging my heart when it has been broken
Family
Most treasured possession and source of strength
Family

Namaste & Blessed Be
Sosanna
)O(

 I'd like to post pictures of a few of those in my "Family" I hold dear.  And oddly enough, they're all on another "F" word.  Facebook!









1 comment

Hazel Nut said...

Beautiful! Family of any type is important :)