Self-Esteem

The first month of 2014 has come to an end.  I’m finding that even though time has passed, there are people out there that continue to go on and on about the past.  I’m actually pretty surprised that I’m so important in their lives.  Generally they don’t cross my mind unless someone sends me a link to a post by them, or I see that I've been “re-added” to those worthy of viewing their posts.

I like to think I’m a pretty fair person.  I treat others how I want to be treated.  I’m honest.  When I have an issue, I go directly to the source.  When I discussed having a giveaway and was cock-blocked by another “friend”, I graciously postponed my giveaway.  I even assisted with coding for the giveaway.    I shared tips on how to use clay for sculpting and even offered a shoulder to cry on when this same friend had issues with their children.

I do what I can to be a very forgiving person as well.  After being tossed aside, I still maintained a friendship.  I watched as each item I posted was re-posted on another page less than 12 hours later.  While I don’t claim to have a patent on crafting, and as many of you know, I'm willing to share my crafting ideas and suggestions in blog projects or on Facebook, the idea that directly after I create a blog, another blog immediately follows.   Immediately after I post a design, a nearly mirror image follows.  While I’m not so much concerned about the copying of the work, but more so the betrayal of my sharing my personal ideas and thoughts and having them taken and posted as their own.

I sat down thinking about this yesterday morning.  There is no reason that I should sit here and take the abusive posts or be blogging fodder for those that obviously do not have the strength or respect to address me directly.  I left myself open for contact for the last 5-6 months.  The opportunity for discussion and forgiveness is now over.

Tomorrow is February 1st.  I will be turning 45 this month.  At someone point we've all said, “You know what?  I’m too old for this shit”

You know what?  I am.  And I have a few gray hairs to prove it.


Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson


Grab life by the horns and take control of your life.  Protecting yourself is not selfish, it’s self-esteem.

Namaste & Blessed Be
Sosanna

)O(

No comments