Throwing Thursday - Re-Centering

Centering is a term used to put the clay ball in the center of the wheel in order to be sure that you can get a symmetrical pot.  The least bit of pressure in one direction or the other will push the pot off center and basically break it.

In my last post I talked about my pottery wheel and over all the history of how pots are made.  Looking back I realized that I was taking a prospective of teaching people, how to create pottery.  I can’t really teach what I don’t know.  So instead of moving forward in a presentation of skill and technique, I’ll leave that for you to go out and research.  What I’m going to do is just create posts showing how my work is changing. In a sense, re-centering my work to start again.

I’ll start with my first time at the wheel.

 
Photo Credit - Renee Olson

Photo Credit- Renee Olson

Photo Credit - Renee Olson




My goal is to create several mainstream products that I can share with both the Pagan Community and the Non-Pagan community.   

No comments