Back to Copper - Weaving Wednesday

Due to the flood I've been taking a few weeks off to get things back together.  I decided to start with a copper piece to get back into my flow.  This is the first piece I did.  This one hasn't been tarnished yet, but this is how it looks so far.


Here's the finished product

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson


I started with a base weave on 6 wires and wrapped them around the tear drop shaped stone.



Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson

Next I joined the top together and circled the back to create the frame.  Using the weaving wire I created the bail by using a simple figure eight weave.


Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson
 Once the bail wires reach the back I pulled them around to continue to access the front of the piece.


Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson
 Here the bail wires are woven with a three three pattern and then attached to the front frame of the piece.

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson
 The second set of wires are also woven with that same three three pattern and attached to the frame.

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson

 This photo shows the back of the piece where the stone is framed in as well as the spirals I created along the opposite side of the stone.

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson
 And the finished piece.  I still need to tarnish the copper.  I'll be doing a video of that for the blog a bit later.

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson
 You can find all of my creations for sale on my Facebook page shop - www.facebook.com/baublesmith



No comments