Weaving Wednesday - Sterling Silver & Rainbow Moonstone

This is a piece I created recently with Sterling Silver wire and a beautiful Rainbow Moonstone.

Here's the finished piece.


Photo Credit Renee Sosanna Olson


I started with a basic chevron weave and created the frame.


Photo Credit Renee Sosanna Olson

Photo Credit Renee Sosanna Olson
 Next I secured the frame and started on the bail.
Photo Credit Renee Sosanna Olson
 I pulled four of the frame base wires around to create a basic figure eight weave for the bail.

Photo Credit Renee Sosanna Olson
 After securing the bail I started on the two side wires.  I created a circle for the bail with one side.

Photo Credit Renee Sosanna Olson
 And some loops around the front on the other side.


Photo Credit Renee Sosanna Olson
 Here's a look at the base weave on the side of the stone that frames the stone in place.

Photo Credit Renee Sosanna Olson
 And a look at the front.  Man, that Moonstone shimmers!

Photo Credit Renee Sosanna Olson
 Finished piece.  Love it.

Photo Credit Renee Sosanna Olson
You can purchase my pieces on my Etsy shop or over at my Facebook page.  The etsy lnk in on the side rail of this blog and my facebook page is here - www.facebook.com/baublesmith

No comments