Weaving Wednesday - Labradorite in Sterling Silver

I found a stunning blue labradorite that was simply amazing.  I wanted to put it in sterling silver.

Here's the finished piece.


Labradorite in Sterling Silver



Here's my process.

I took five, 12 inch wires in 20 gauge and 1 length of 26 gauge weaving wire and started a chevron type weave.  Using two wraps on each base wire before moving to the next level.


Labradorite in Sterling Silver
 I continued that pattern until stone was completely wrapped in the weave.

Labradorite in Sterling Silver
 I then made a slight bend in the tops of the wires to crisscross the front two wires around the back to lock the frame.


Labradorite in Sterling Silver
 I then use the weaving wire to secure the two wires around the back of the stone.

Labradorite in Sterling Silver
 I ended at the bottom, trimmed the excess wire and created spirals to end the wires neatly.

Labradorite in Sterling Silver
After completing the bail with a figure eight type weave, I used the end of the bail wires create the decorative weave for the front and sides of the piece.


Labradorite in Sterling Silver
I used the weaving wire to create the main weave.

Labradorite in Sterling Silver
I used the weaving wire to lock the weave in place by looping once around the frame in places where it came close to the stone.

Labradorite in Sterling Silver
 This is the finished piece.  it turned out really well.


Labradorite in Sterling Silver
You can purchase my jewelry at my Facebook Shop and learn more about me on my website.

No comments