Fries and Filigree - A Witch's View

This week we spent sometime testing out different root vegetable fries.  There is a really good reason that you only get French Fries when you're out.  Well at least for the most part.  Hubby and I go to Fiction Kitchen in Raleigh from time to time to have their root vegetable fries.  They are amazing! You can find my review of Fiction Kitchen here.

Root Veggie Fries at Fiction Kitchen in Raleigh
Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson


This was my attempt to replicate.  I failed miserably.  :P


I started out with a bunch of beets and a turnip.

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson

Peel each and slice into "fries"

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson
Beets will stain your hands and any cutting boards and what have you.  You may want to wear gloves or wash up quickly.


Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson
I then tossed them in the oven with a little bit of olive oil and some salt.  They were not crispy at all and they really didn't turn out well.  I honestly thing the best way to have "fries" is just to fry them.  I know not that healthy and all that but if you want fries.  Have some damn fries and be done with it.


Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson

So that's the fries part of this blog, now for the filigree.  


This week I have started making my Valentine's Day Special pieces.  I will have two copper and two sterling silver for the holiday.  This is the first one.

This piece is tarnished copper and rose quartz wire weave heart pendant.  She turned out amazing. This one is available for purchase on my Facebook page.  If you think you'd like this one reach out fast. This is a one of a kind.


Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson


Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson


No comments