Witchy Wednesday - A Dunkin Witch

So I sit here today looking at the world from an entirely difference perspective. My mind thinks about all the plans I had in place at this point and realizes that things don't always go as planned. I think about what is around me here.  Here in this physical place.  Here in on this land.  Where my feet touch the dirt. I found this house while driving here on a house hunting trip some 11 years ago. Spotted a sign next to a road and literally only walk around the outside of the fence before deciding to buy it.  That was before the dogs or the deities.

The house ended up being part of a town that through research I found out was founded by my ancestors. The riverbanks there at Seven Springs held in my family for some time.  I learned that just 1/2 mile down the road, a cousin who was raised with me like a brother lost his life.  The house sits at a cross roads. We bought the house though the lot was small via email and phone from California without ever stepping inside. From the first day we were visited by spirits.  Though the years the house has changed. We have changed. Our focus, our drive and even our own personae has changed. Changed for the better.

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson


I had thought I would be saying farewell to these walls and this land. You see, everything isn't sunshine and roses here. We have a rough political system. We could use more opportunity. I see roads with dead ends that have pretty awful memories for me. Reminders of a less than perfect childhood filled with anger and mostly pain. I was looking forward to moving away from those daily reminders of things I would prefer to forget. It turns out that sometimes you have no choice but to face demons head on.

You have to stand up and claim your post. Your land. You have to walk in and say, this is my space. No one else has power here. This is my energy and my life. You have the power to allow others in or out. You are control. You are the magic and you are the power.

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson


I always joked to others that one day, a long time from now, kids would talk about that old crazy witch down by the river.  They would tell stories of sneaking through my yard or seeing me out in the illuminated in the light of the full moon burying something, probably a jar! I'll be a river witch, sitting on the banks collecting mosses and frogs.   Even thinking of myself as a river witch makes me a little uncomfortable. Though a Pisces through and through, water in my face is not something I fancy. I believe my fellow witches out there can attest to how a dunkin witch is a witch having a very bad day.  (reference)

So what is all this about? What is this crazy old river witch talking about?  Only time will tell, deary. Only time will tell.


Till next time.... 

No comments