A Witch's View - Still Working...

I'll just sell my house, I said....

Yeah well just stop that crazy shit right now, ok!  I had no idea how much went into selling a house. But I did do it before.  I did walk into my living-room and start setting stuff out on the street for a yard sale. I packed everything I owned into a little car and headed west. It was freeing. It was terrifying. It was exactly what I needed.

This week we worked with someone we hired from a local group to come out and do some work around the house.  We had yard work, clean up work and some more detailed inside work.  Painting, pulling carpets, that sort of thing.  We learned very quickly that not everyone has the same work ethic we have. My back is killing me but at least we are were I had hoped the yard would be when we added our hired help.  I ended up having to call someone else to finish the mowing and Eli spent the entire day cleaning up to a point where we could start painting again.

Here are a few photos of what we came home to.


So in all fairness we did tell him we were replacing the floors but seriously??  

Photo Credit - Renee Olson

Some of this I'm confused about.

Photo Credit - Renee Olson
Eli decided to just go a head and paint the cabinets in there. 

Photo Credit - Renee Olson
 More of the paint splatters on the floor.
Photo Credit - Renee Olson
Random starts and stops through out the house.
Photo Credit - Renee Olson
 Ummmmm
Photo Credit - Renee Olson
 This wall Eli had finished and then the trim was applied.  ??? 

Photo Credit - Renee Olson
Needless to say we decided to cut our losses and just figure out another solution.  I'll be taking some pictures of the front of the house tomorrow and getting more of the yard under control while Eli finishes the cabinets and gets them ready for me to put on the hardware.  I'll hang the doors while he gets back to painting.  We still have one room that hasn't been started at all.  The laundry room needs to be started and then carpets torn out.  We still have an elliptical, a laser printer, a washer and dryer and a bunch of odds and ends left to sell. 

It is going to be a long week!  

No comments