The Butterfly Effect - Open - See the Rainbow

I saw an amazing blog entry today via a blog I follow called "Pagan Culture" This led me to "TwoDressesStudio" It's an amazing project called The Butterfly Project by the Holocaust Museum of Houston.

They are going to collect 1.5 million butterflies to represent the 1.5 million children that died in the Holocaust. This is amazing to me. I love butterflies. I have tattoos all over me of butterflies. I've always seen them as a glimpse of spring, and life and beauty. What a great way to represent the lives that were lost. I'm working on my butterfly today and will be mailing it in to have it counted.


My butterfly will be rainbow colored. It will have pink triangles and black triangles on its wings to represent the Gays and Lesbians that were killed along with the other Jewish People, Gypsies and handicapped under the Nazi rule. A note here, when the camps were liberated by the allied forces, everyone was set free, except for the Gays and Lesbians who were led away to other prisons and were kept in custody.

You can get more information on the Gays and Lesbians in the following links.

The Pink Triangle
Wikipedia
Gays & Lesbians and the Third Reich
Holocaust Rememberance


My Butterfly

No comments