That Time of the Month

Yes, you read the title correctly.

That time of the month, Aunt Flow is visiting, in the red, on the rag the list goes on and on.

So what brought this up. Today I woke up and hurried to the rest room due to an impending conference and was greeted to Aunt Flow. I was surprised because I didn't have my usual 2-3 days of cramping and irritability. Why? What's changed?

I'll tell you what's changed, my food intake. I've stopped eating all the processed foods, including chocolate. Now I used to crave chocolate right before my period. However this time I didn't. I've stopped all the sugar and junk food.

I've added green tea to my diet as well. This helps flush the system and get the toxins out.

Last month my cramps were horrible! I was eating 98% Organic Dark Chocolate for the antioxidant qualities. It made me HURT. This month no chocolate, no cramps. :)

I'm sure that this might not work for everyone but I really wanted to share this with others. Just stopping this chocolate and adding my tea has almost completely stopped my discomfort associated with my monthly cycle.

Hopefully this will be useful.

No comments