Peace & Spreadsheets

I want a job where I can spend my days working for a cause. I want to be able to open my eyes in the morning and know that each meeting I attend today, each spreadsheet I audit and each call I make is helping someone. I want to know that when I navigate to a particular page on the web that I'm making a difference in the world.

I'd like to see animals playing around my house. I'd like to be able to know that my food is fresh and contaminate free and my tea is organic. I'd like to hear music playing all day, preferably Latin music.

I'd like to watch the plants grow in my garden and harvest fresh fruits and veggies for my plate. I'd like to be able to know with out a doubt that each breath of air I breath is free of pollutants.

I'd like to see every family have good food and enough money to put their kids through school. I'd like to see no one struggle with homelessness or drug addiction.

I'd like to see the world in a happier place. No wars being fought over oil or greed. I'd like to see justice for everyone.

I'd like to see Peace.



For now, back to my spreadsheet for corporate America. Back to my 12 hour days sitting behind a desk to pay the mortgage. Try to stop and smell the roses, try to tell those you love, just how important they are because for now, only for now, I can only dream about what I'd like to see.




Blessed Be
Sosanna
)O(

2 comments

Aine O'Brien said...

Well, I don't think you are alone with this dream. I hope it becomes a reality for you soon.

Sosanna said...

@Aine Yes, I'm feeling a bit dreamy today, at least I see I'm not alone. Thanks for your comment.