Ritutal vs. Belief

In order to get more money in my life, I take a green candle and cleans it by the light of the full moon. I carve my desire to have more money on the candle and after calling the Guardians I light my candle and meditate on what I want to happen. Each time I see the candle burning it reminds me that I need to focus on work/task/chores that bring this "magic" to fruition.



So, let's say I change the candle color and I complete all the exact same steps. Will my "magic" fail to work? How about if I fail to cleanse my candle in the light of the full moon? How about if I forget to write "money" on the candle? How much can I leave out before my "magic" fails?

There's only one thing that you can leave out of this magical spell that will change the outcome of the spell. That is you. You are the power behind the spell. You are the magic. The other items are tools that remind you. Tools that focus you. Tools that lead you to the end result. The candle cannot produce this magic alone. There will only be silence if you are not there to address the energies of time and space to pull your magic out. You are the power.


Finding your magic is like connecting to a great pool of energy outside the conscious realm. You can go back and access this energy pool and pull it into your life at any time. You are the one with the power. Using your mind you can center yourself and send out this power to others around you.

Sit back, close your eyes and think about your body. Focus on the chakra points in your body, see them swirling around and feel them being energized from that great pool of energy. Feel it moving across your body and accept that you have the power to allow that energy to flow through your body and mind and cleanse it of items that would block its ability to flow easily.

This is the choice. Belief or Ritual. You can believe you have the power to do this,or you can follow the ritual, keep lighting that green candle in hopes that money will arrive. You can visulize the completed "spell" or you can dwell on the journey to find the correct herb. You can enjoy the benefit of having this centered energy, this completed magical source of power that comes from within or you can sit and wonder if this candle is ever going to work.

I for one, plan to reach for the prior.


Just for today, I will not be worry
Just for today, I will not be angry
Just for today, I will work honestly
Just for today, I will be thankful for my blessings
Just for today, I will be kind to every living thing.


Namaste
&
Blessed Be
Sosanna
)O(

No comments