Let Me Worry About My Soul

Over the past week I've been activity participating in Top 25 Blogs by Moms of Faith at Circle of Moms. More specifically I've been voting my pants off for the Pagan Mom's that have blogs listed there. You may have heard that last week one of the Mom's dropped out because she didn't want to compete with her Sisters in Christ and she didn't want to be associated with a contest that allowed Pagans to participate along side "real" religions.

Annoying yes, but I've heard worse so my only comment there was "Yeah well whatever, and an invitation to all I know on Blogger, Twitter and Facebook to come vote". The consequence of our combined Pagan effort ousted the leader from her position and led to an email from Circle of Moms telling me that a certain blogger was being removed and was no longer allowed to compete.

Wonderful, my work is done. I merely have to vote each day.


STOP THE PRESS! HOLD THE PHONE!

It gets worse. Apparently there have been death threats made now. There have been comments placed that are clearly wrong no matter what deity you worship. I look at the screen today and I completely understand the statement, "Why can't we all just get along?"


There is no reason that there need be all this flaming and fighting. Sending out negative only brings negative home. These feelings of hatred and the vile anger you feel inside only add more and more negativity to the world as a whole. Look around, we don't need any more negativity. What we need is for people to stop judging everyone. Put down your book and step off your pedestal. You're not GOD.


This month is LGBT Pride Month. It's a time to celebrate diversity. It's a time to be who you are and be happy with who you are. No matter what God or Goddess you serve, you still have the ability to think through what you say. I'm sure your Mom said it... If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all.

I'm offering this olive branch to all those out there that welcome it. Stop the hate. Stop the negativity. Live for today, love for today.

Most of all, please my beloved Christian friends, let me worry about my soul I've got it all under control. You've said your piece. You're a Christian, I get that. I won't invite you to my Beltane festival if you'll stop telling me I'm going to hell.


Namaste & Blessed Be

Sosanna
)O(

No comments