Central NC Pagan Pride Days

Less than 24 hours stand between me and my very first Pagan Pride festival. I'm extremely excited about this. I've been getting ready all week. Last night Hubby finished two my my tattoos that we've been working on. Silly but I really wanted them complete before the festival.

I have an arm band.






And a calf piece now.




The pictures are a little off because of the flash on my phone. I'll be headed to the store today to pick up a new camera. Just in time for the festival. I hope to have lots of pictures. The Greek Festival is happening at the same time so I am looking forward to.... Yes, you guessed it Falafel!!


I wrote an article about Pagan Pride Days on examiner.com. You can find the article here. For each like I get they pay me. Subscriptions are worth some money too. Just to put this in perspective however, I have been writing for them for about 4-5 months now and I've earned $6. LOL


With all this going on right now I also wanted to mention that it is getting close to the time when the DC-40/51 initiative is getting started. They have released their prayer manual and are getting set to take "siege" to Washington DC. They also have released the blood covered light over us Pagans to combat our magic.

My friend and fellow blogger Kallan Kennedy, over at The Secret Life of the American Working Witch, had an amazing response. You can find it here. This post is so amazing that there isn't anything that I can add to it. Other than. DITTO.


So as we head out for our weekend, take a moment to reflect on what is really going on here. What do they really want to gain? What should we do in response?

I'm continuing my weekly rites to protect Columbia and stopping each day to take a moment to appreciate my freedoms that I have today. Just as you appreciate your family, your friends and those precious things around you, count the first amendment among those things you hold dear, and just offer a bit of positive energy towards our goal of keeping it safe.


Namaste & Blessed Be
Sosanna

3 comments

Freckles said...

I have to work... *headdesk* and I was so looking forward to meeting you! On the weekend of the 24th there's going to be one in Dallas (near Charlotte). I think I'm going to that one.

:(

Maybe one day we'll get to meet each other.

Sue said...

Have fun tomorrow and be safe!! Send some of that good goddess energy my way!

Dana said...

I just found your blog, but I am also going to the Pagan Pride celebration tomorrow and it's my first as well! Blessings and hope we both enjoy it!

celticpagan.blogspot.com