K is for Kindness


K is for Kindness

kind·ness/ˈkÄ«n(d)nis/

Noun:  
  1. 1.       The quality of being friendly, generous, and considerate.
  2. 2.       A kind act.

Synonyms – Altruism, Compassion, Emotion, Empathy, Generosity

Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche said that kindness and love are the most curative herbs and agents in human intercourse.  From a religious prospective kindness is taught in most.  In 1st Corinthians Paul of Tarsus characterizes love and being patient and kind.  In Buddhism, Metta which translates into English as “Loving kindness” is one of the Ten Perfections.

Recently I was asked the following in regards to placement of my mother in a long term care facility:

“Why do you care where she’s goes, you’ve made it clear you don’t have a relationship with her, what do you care??”


I think a simple response would be the as follows:

I’m a kind person.  I donate to shelters, food banks and to the homeless.  I pick up after my dogs and myself.  I don’t litter.  I hold the door open for strangers, regardless of gender.  I send out positive energies and open myself up to pull those same energies back into my life.  I give of myself to others sometimes to a fault.  I wouldn’t toss any living being to the side without regard.  That’s why I care.


I have two quotes that I love related to kindness.
My religion is very simple.  My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV
And as the Blues singer Albert Collins said… “Don’t mistake kindness for weakness”





Namaste & Blessed Be
Sosanna
)O(

1 comment

Stephanie said...

Awesome post. Everyone tells me that I am to kind and humble. I tell them I would ranther be humble and kind and help others then to be miserable.