A Witch's View - GreenChef Review - Black Rice Stir-fry

This week I'm reviewing GreenChef's Black Rice Stir-fry. Over all I've been pleased with my first week of GreenChef.  They are one of the few places that deliver restaurant quality meals that I can prepare in 30 mins and are completely organic and vegan.  I have continued my subscription and will have another delivery next week.

My delivery this week as a 2 out of 3 ain't bad deal.  The first two were really good.  I enjoyed them a lot.  This last one however, I'm not sure if I didn't cook the rice long enough or if the Kimchi was just over the top for me but it wasn't something I was happy with.  If I was dining out, I would have sent this dish back.  It just wasn't for me.  It turned out really beautiful though.  And perhaps some one with a broader taste may like it.  I will say that it has red bell pepper which I hate in it, but I didn't taste the peppers at all.  That makes me more willing to try more recipes with them in the future.  So over all I didn't lose out completely.

So here's what we got:

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson
 We started by coating the sweet potato in olive oil and salt and pepper.  They go into the oven to bake while we were getting everything else together.

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson
 Hubby diced up the remain veg, while I cleaned the cilantro and got the rice and soybeans together.

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson
After the Bok Choy is cooked we set it aside.  Next the bell pepper gets cooked in olive oil until tender.

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson
 Next you add all the veg to the pan with the bell pepper and cook
Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson
 Everything cooks for about 2-3 mins and then you serve.  As you can see the dish was lovely.

It just wasn't for me.  I'm not sure what it was about it, but there was this spicy after taste that I really didn't care for.
Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson
 So that's my review. I don't like to end on a sour note (pun intended) so I think I may follow up with another set of three just to get a good over all sense of how this food delivery system works.  If you think you'd like to try GreenChef out here's a link to sign up.  Portion sizes for the meal for two are very generous. We had extra with each meal we tried.


This is what's on the menu for the next two weeks.  I'm really excited about these.
Screenshot - GreenChef.com
Screenshot - GreenChef.com




No comments