A Witch's View - GreenChef - A Review - Portobello Tagine

For the last three weeks I've shared the meals I had from Blue Apron.  This week I'm going to start with GreenChef.  The first complaint I hear about these deliveries is the packaging.  Both Blue Apron and GreenChef (and probably all of them) offer a recycling program.  The main reason I switched to GreenChef was because they offered Vegan options.


Here's how my GreenChef Arrived.

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson

There was a layer of ice over the top and bottom and even though the big storm delayed my delivery by one day everything was still ice cold inside.


So here we go with the dish. Portobello Tagine with Roasted Root Veggies and Almond Couscous.

So first, I love the way the recipe ingredients are color coded.  You know what everything goes with at a glance.


Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson
We cleaned the mushrooms.  I was a little disappointed at the size of the mushrooms.  They could have been bigger.


Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson
They get rolled in the sauce and placed on a foil baking sheet.  Saving he extra sauce for the root veg.

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson
Mix the root veg around in the same bowl with salt and pepper.

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson
Put on the same pan as the mushroom and put in the oven.

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson
 Start the couscous.  It only takes about 5 minutes to cook.

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson
 Toast the almonds.

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson
 After the onions and garlic cook a bit you'll add the chickpea sauce and the kale.  (I still can't believe I ate kale and I liked it.)

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson
 The finished dish.  It turned out really good.  I liked it.


Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson

Be sure to come back for our next recipe review!


If you think you'd like to try GreenChef here's a link.

No comments