Silver's Spells for Protection

Recently on paperbackswap.com I found a book called "Silver's Spells for Protection" by Silver Raven Wolf.

I've heard good and bad things about Silver's books. I did read Solitary Witch, Ultimate Book of Shadows. It was interesting and I enjoyed it. I had often wanted to pick up a couple of her other books like "To Ride the Silver a Silver Broomstick" but never got around to it.


For those interested Silver's Blog can be found here.

The protection spell book is nice. For those of us that don't write our own spells it's good to have a guide to go by. With the work I'm doing on the Columbia project I've found that it's a good idea to have a nice layer of protection for myself, my family, my home and for those participating in the magic that will help us protect our nation from becoming something less than free.

On page 13, (I'm not entirely sure she didn't plan it that way) there's a wonderful little spell for self protection. I'd like to share that with you now.

Take 3 deep breaths. Imagine a silver light flowing through your body. This is the energy of the Moon Goddess. Take 3 deep breaths and imagine a gold light flowing through your body. This is the energy of the Sun God. Take 3 deep breaths and imagine a white light flowing through your body. This is the combined energy of the Universal Life Force or Universal Love. Say the following:

“Blessed be my feet that walk the path of mystery.
Blessed be my knees that kneel at the sacred altar.
Blessed be my heart formed in beauty and love.
Blessed be my mouth that speaks the sacred names.”

Open your arms wide to reach out for protection and love. Close your arms slowly across your heart to signal that you have accepted these gifts. Then say:

“So mote it be!”


What a great way to get started. I love it. I'm looking forward to my journey though this book. I'll post some of my stops along the way and share what I find.


For now, I'm off to enjoy my Saturday. Tonight's a full moon, what a wonderful opportunity to invoke the Goddess.

No comments