A Witch's View - Mama Sezz

In my search for Vegan food delivery I have found myself reviewing this new prepared food delivery services.  This week I ordered four dishes to try out.  This week we're trying Mama Sezz.


Here's a bit about the company.




My food arrived in two days because I happened to order just in the right time window.  The package comes with a return FedEx label.  You have to put all the product back into the box and schedule a pick up from FedEx.

 I was so excited to see Mac & Cheese as an option.  Of course I tried that first!


Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson


 I ordered Gardener's Pie.

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson
 Moroccan Stew


Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson
 Quinoa Stack
Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson


We also ordered the raw bread which we did not care for at all. We ended up tossing that into the bird feeder.  They loved it.


My mac and cheese was pretty tasty.  I warmed it on the stove but I think next time I would do it in the microwave to avoid the mac getting broken up.  The flavor was great.  I was really pleased.

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson
The next thing we tried was the Moroccan Stew. The smell was incredible.  It was extremely hearty and looked amazing.  About three bites in however the spice was over the top.  I had to stop eating it because it was so spicy hot.  This would certainly be something I wouldn't order again.


Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson

Our next adventure was the Gardner's Pie.

Well, I had high hopes for this one but again, I was disappointed.  The potatoes were loaded with an onion puree that over powered the entire dish.  Then the carrots on the top were almost raw.  It did not make for a pleasant experience.  we ended up tossing the whole thing.  :(

Finally we got to the Quinoa Stack and it just didn't look right.  We decided not to eat it.  I contacted the company to let them know about the quality of the food we received and they were amazing. The founder herself contacted me and we spoke on the phone.  She offered me a full refund on my order which I accepted and she included my choice of anything on the site to test out.  I opted for some chili and another go at the Mac Attack.  This time I'll heat it in the microwave and hopefully it will be better.

I really love the concept behind this company and with this personalized dedication to quality and customer service I believe they will go far.  If you have a chance, head over and check out Mama Sezz. I highly recommend them!





No comments